How To Shrink Enlarged Prostate Naturally:Reduce Prostate Enlargement Naturally Through Lifestyle Changes
How To Shrink Enlarged Prostate Naturally: Enlarged prostate, also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), is a common condition among men over the age of 50.
The prostate gland, which is a small gland located just below the bladder, can grow in size and put pressure on the urethra, leading to urinary problems such as difficulty in starting and stopping urination, weak urine flow, frequent urination, and the feeling of not being able to completely empty the bladder.
While there are several medical treatments available for BPH, there are also several natural remedies that can help shrink the prostate and improve symptoms. In this article, we will discuss some of the best ways to shrink an enlarged prostate naturally.
The first and most important step in shrinking an enlarged prostate naturally is to make dietary changes. A diet that is high in fat, red meat, and dairy products can contribute to the development and progression of BPH. On the other hand, a diet that is rich in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains can help reduce the risk of BPH and improve symptoms in those who already have the condition.
Some of the best foods to eat to shrink an enlarged prostate include:
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes are rich in lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that has been shown to reduce the risk of prostate cancer and improve urinary symptoms in men with BPH.
- Berries: Berries are high in antioxidants, which can help reduce inflammation and oxidative stress in the body. This can help shrink the prostate and improve symptoms.
- Cruciferous Vegetables: Vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, and kale are rich in compounds called glucosinolates, which have been shown to have anti-cancer properties and may help reduce the risk of BPH.
- Fish: Fatty fish like salmon and sardines are high in omega-3 fatty acids, which have anti-inflammatory properties and may help reduce the risk of BPH.
- Green Tea: Green tea is high in antioxidants and has been shown to reduce inflammation and oxidative stress in the body. This can help shrink the prostate and improve symptoms.
On the other hand, it is important to avoid or limit the consumption of foods that can contribute to the development and progression of BPH, including:
- Red Meat: Red meat is high in saturated fat, which can contribute to inflammation and oxidative stress in the body. This can lead to the development and progression of BPH.
- Dairy Products: Dairy products are high in saturated fat and calcium, which can contribute to the development and progression of BPH.
- Spicy Foods: Spicy foods can irritate the bladder and worsen urinary symptoms in men with BPH.
Several herbal supplements have been shown to have beneficial effects on the prostate and may help shrink an enlarged prostate naturally. Some of the most effective herbal supplements for BPH include:
- Saw Palmetto: Saw palmetto is an herbal supplement that has been shown to reduce the size of the prostate and improve urinary symptoms in men with BPH.
- Pygeum: Pygeum is an herbal supplement that has been shown to improve urinary symptoms in men with BPH.
- Stinging Nettle: Stinging nettle is an herbal supplement that has been shown to improve urinary symptoms in men with BPH.
While herbal supplements can be effective in shrinking an enlarged prostate, it is important to speak with a healthcare provider before taking any supplements, as they can interact with other medications and have potential side effects.
In addition to dietary changes and herbal supplements, there are several lifestyle modifications that can help shrink an enlarged prostate naturally. These include:
- Exercise: Regular exercise can help reduce inflammation and oxidative stress in the body, which can help shrink the prostate and improve symptoms.
- Stress Reduction: Stress can contribute to inflammation and oxidative stress in the body, which can worsen BPH symptoms. Practices like yoga, meditation, and deep breathing can help reduce stress and improve symptoms.
- Kegel Exercises: Kegel exercises involve contracting and relaxing the muscles of the pelvic floor and can help improve urinary symptoms in men with BPH.
- Weight Management: Maintaining a healthy weight can help reduce inflammation and oxidative stress in the body, which can improve symptoms of BPH.
- Limiting Alcohol and Caffeine: Alcohol and caffeine can irritate the bladder and worsen urinary symptoms in men with BPH. Limiting or avoiding these substances can help improve symptoms.
- Bathroom Habits: Developing healthy bathroom habits, such as avoiding holding urine for long periods of time and fully emptying the bladder, can help improve symptoms of BPH.
Acupuncture is a form of traditional Chinese medicine that involves inserting thin needles into specific points on the body. Some studies have suggested that acupuncture may be effective in improving urinary symptoms in men with BPH. While more research is needed in this area, acupuncture may be worth considering as a natural treatment option for BPH.
Essential oils are concentrated plant extracts that are used for their therapeutic properties. Some essential oils have been shown to have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which can help reduce inflammation and oxidative stress in the body and improve symptoms of BPH. Some of the best essential oils for BPH include:
- Saw Palmetto Oil: Saw palmetto oil is extracted from the berries of the saw palmetto plant and has been shown to reduce the size of the prostate and improve urinary symptoms in men with BPH.
- Frankincense Oil: Frankincense oil has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties and may help reduce inflammation and oxidative stress in the body.
- Peppermint Oil: Peppermint oil has a cooling and soothing effect and may help reduce inflammation and irritation in the bladder.
While essential oils can be effective in improving symptoms of BPH, it is important to use them safely and to speak with a healthcare provider before using them, as they can have potential side effects and interact with other medications.
What is the fastest way to shrink an enlarged prostate?
These drugs shrink the prostate gland. They do this by blocking the hormonal changes that cause prostate growth. Examples include finasteride (Proscar) and dutasteride (Avodart). They can take up to six months to work properly and can cause sexual side effects.
Can prostate enlargement return to normal?
For most patients, BPH (enlarged prostate) is curable. Some people see a significant reduction in symptoms with medication alone. If medication doesn’t work or your prostate is too large, surgery will usually remove enough of the prostate to relieve pain.
Can you reduce prostate size naturally?
One way to shrink an enlarged prostate is with medication, but if you’re not ready for prescription medication, you can explore more natural approaches, such as changing your diet and habits. do exercise. A 2013 study found that many men with BPH were also vitamin D deficient.
What can I drink to shrink the prostate?
Tomatoes are a good source of lycopene. It is a pigment found in many fruits and vegetables. One small study found that increasing consumption of foods fortified with lycopene improved prostate health and decreased levels of prostate-specific antigens. Watermelon and grapefruit are also good sources of lycopene.
Can an enlarged prostate shrink?
Over several months, the body’s immune system reabsorbs the dead prostate tissue and replaces it with scar tissue. Scar tissue slowly shrinks causing the prostate gland to shrink.
What is the best drink for an enlarged prostate?
Green tea and hibiscus tea are some of the best drinks for prostate health. Both teas contain powerful antioxidants. Studies show that green tea may help prevent the formation of prostate cancer and may also slow the growth of invasive prostate cancer.
What is the main cause of an enlarged prostate?
The actual cause of prostate enlargement is unknown. Age-related factors and changes in testicular cells may play a role in gland development as well as testosterone levels. Men who had their testicles removed at a young age (eg, because of testicular cancer) do not develop BPH.
Can you live long with an enlarged prostate?
BPH can be life-disrupting, but with the right care and access to fluids, most men can minimize symptoms and live comfortably with an enlarged prostate.
What is Ayurvedic Medicine for Prostate?
Kachnar Guggul. This is another effective herbal remedy for an enlarged prostate. Traditionally in Ayurvedic medicine, this herbal supplement is used for all types of overgrowth of various tissues, including the prostate.
Does ginger shrink the prostate?
Ginger is effective in blocking 5-lipoxygenase, an enzyme that promotes cancer growth. It helps reduce the risk of cancer and even helps shrink prostate tumors.
Can water cure an enlarged prostate?
Doctors have a newer approach to treating an enlarged prostate, which can compress the urethra and cause urinary problems in men, especially as they age. The treatment, Aquablation, uses a powerful jet of water to remove part of the prostate, relieving pressure.
What is the new treatment to shrink prostate?
The treatment, holmium laser granulation of the prostate (HoLEP), uses a laser to remove congested prostate tissue responsible for urinary tract problems, including impaired urine flow. impairment, incomplete bladder emptying, repeated urinary tract infections, etc.
Can enlarged prostate be cured permanently?
BPH has no cure, but treatments can help relieve your symptoms. Mild symptoms may not require treatment. Medications, surgery, and minimally invasive treatments can treat more severe cases
Can turmeric shrink the prostate?
In summary, curcumin significantly reduced prostate weight and volume. And curcumin treatment reduced VEGF, TGF-ß1 and IGF1 expression among prostate tissue growth factors.
Can I live without prostate surgery?
Treatments, such as medication and physical therapy, can help deal with them. None of the side effects of prostatectomy affect life expectancy. Although the prostate is necessary for fertility, it is not essential for sustaining life.
Is apples good for prostate?
Apples have high concentrations of two types of phytonutrients that have a variety of biological actions that help deter prostate cancer: proanthocyanidins &flavonols. There’s another fruit you may not have heard of, called the sugar apple.
How is life after prostate removal?
This is when the surgeon removes the entire prostate gland, seminal vesicles, and often, pelvic lymph nodes. The most common side effects of prostate cancer surgery are urinary incontinence (inability to control your bladder) and erectile dysfunction, or ED (inability to achieve an erection) completely).
What happens if a man’s prostate is removed?
The main possible side effects of a radical prostatectomy are urinary incontinence (inability to control urine) and erectile dysfunction (impotence, difficulty achieving or maintaining fertility). erection). These side effects can also occur with other forms of prostate cancer treatment.
What is the average age of men with an enlarged prostate?
But because prostate enlargement, or benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), is a common condition that affects men as they age, it’s important to know the facts. About 50% of men between the ages of 51 and 60 have BPH, and that number rises to 70% of men between the ages of 60 and 69 and about 80% of men over the age of 70.
How long can a man live without a prostate?
According to a randomized study published in the New England Journal of Medicine, men with localized, clinically detected, and long-lived prostate cancer achieved an average of 2.9 years of life after prostate cancer. radical prostatectomy.
Can an enlarged prostate be cured?
Although there is no cure for benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), also known as an enlarged prostate, there are many helpful options for treating the problem. Treatments focus on the growth of the prostate gland, which is the cause of BPH symptoms.
Do all men’s prostates get bigger with age?
The likelihood of developing an enlarged prostate gland increases with age. BPH is so common that it is said that all men will develop an enlarged prostate if they live long enough. A small amount of prostate enlargement is present in many men over age 40. More than 90% of men over age 80 have the condition.
Does all men get enlarged prostate?
Prostate enlargement happens to almost all men as they get older. An enlarged prostate is often called benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). It is not cancer and it does not increase the risk of prostate cancer.
Is an enlarged prostate common?
Prostate enlargement is very common in men over the age of 50. It can also affect younger men, although this is rare. Not everyone with an enlarged prostate has symptoms. But as the prostate grows, it can press on the outside of the urethra, causing the urethra to become narrow.